Re: State of Objective-C++ ?

From: Michael Baehr
Subject: Re: State of Objective-C++ ?
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 12:43:05 -0400

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 17:31:17 +0200, David Ayers <d.ayers@inode.at> wrote:

> Yen-Ju Chen wrote:
> >
> >  I'm interested to use Berkeley DB XML in a GNUstep application
> >  but Berkeley DB XML only offer C++ interface.
> >  I'm curious whether the objective-C++ support in GNU GCC is good enough
> >  to wrap the C++ interface in Objective-C ?
> >  Thanx.
>
> There currently is no released version of FSF GCC which supports
> Objective-C++.  Yet it is currently being integrated into a branch of
> GCC by Ziemowit Laski that /may/ be merged into the next release.  (see
> the posts titles [objc-improvements-branch].  I suspect that once this
> work is done, that the following release should suite your needs.

Is it currently possible to check this tree out of CVS and get a
buildable, working gcc with Objective-C++ support?  There's nothing
I'd like more than to see if it's possible to finally get a
GNUstep-native browser.  Seeing as all of the major free-software
rendering engines are written in C++, this would be a huge boon.  In
fact, it might even be somewhat trivial to port over Camino... hehe,
we'll see :)

-- Mike