Re: ANN: GTAMSAnalyzer 0.1

From: Quentin Mathé
Subject: Re: ANN: GTAMSAnalyzer 0.1
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 02:39:58 +0200

Le 13 juin 04, à 00:54, Matthew Weinstein a écrit :

I'm delighted to announce the first release of the gnustep port of TAMSAnalyzer. TAMSAnalyzer is a qualitative research tool for coding and analyzing textual material (Qualitative research is research mostly conducted in sociology, anthropology, media studies, etc.). While still missing many of the features of TAMS Analyzer, it provides a base for adding the vast majority of features of its OS X sibling.

Download the goods at http://educ.kent.edu/~mweinste/tams/gtams/ GTAMSAnalyzer.all.0.10.tar.gz

Matthew

PS: GNUstep listees, can someone confirm form me that this will build and run on a machine other than my own! Needs latest gnustep.

Well on my system (GNUstep on Mac OS X with X11), the compilation fails, I get the following output :

appDelegate.m:417:20: missing terminating " character
appDelegate.m:418:71: missing terminating " character
appDelegate.m:421:1: unterminated argument list invoking macro "NSMESSAGE"
appDelegate.m: In function `-[appDelegate aboutApp:]':
appDelegate.m:417: error: `NSMESSAGE' undeclared (first use in this function) appDelegate.m:417: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
appDelegate.m:417: error: for each function it appears in.)
appDelegate.m:417: error: parse error at end of input
appDelegate.m:0: warning: array `_OBJC_SELECTOR_TABLE' assumed to have one element
make[1]: *** [shared_obj/appDelegate.o] Error 1
make: *** [GTAMSAnalyzer.all.app.variables] Error 2

And it would be cool also that your application can be just named TAMS Analyser and not GTAMSAnalyser, no need to add 'G' just because you have ported it on another platform, it's still the same application whatever the platform is (use a different versions scheme/number if the features/development states are different across the platforms). This "G" or "GS" prefix habit is a bit ridiculous. Other applications like Illustrator which works across platforms like Win, Mac etc. have a unique name without tweaks like WIllustrator or WinIllustrator just because it's Illustrator for Windows.

Otherwise, it's nice to see another application ported to GNUstep. Thanks for that and good luck.

Quentin.

--
Quentin Mathé
qmathe@club-internet.fr