Re: Setting the backend

From: Sascha Erni, .rb
Subject: Re: Setting the backend
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 10:00:13 +0200

Hi Charles,

Charles Kerr wrote:

> I did that, but am curious how to set it to use the xlib (I assme libgnustep-xlib), and what the differences are (why wouldn't I use xlib if running on X11?).

Yes -- libgnustep-xlib should work. Difference is, from a user's point of view, mainly that art uses anti-aliasing for fonts and vector data, xlib does not. Unfortunately, I can't run the art backend due to running a libfreetype version that's too young and isn't supported, yet. Otherwise, I'd chose art over xlib any day.

93,
-Sascha.rb
--
Sascha "nggalai" Erni, .rb