Re: GSCUPS and GNUstep Printing

From: Chad Hardin
Subject: Re: GSCUPS and GNUstep Printing
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 22:43:21 -1000

Ah, yes.  It sure does.

To keep things simple the GSLPR.printing Bundle will be exactly like how GNUstep printing is right now. All the NSPrinting.* and NSPageLayout.* will mostly be "subclassResponsibility" implementations.

My first patch will only have the GSLPR.printing bundle. When that works I will start on the GSCUPS.printing.bundle and submit a second patch

Finally, since the Panels for GSCUPS.printing are *much* better than the current GNUstep panels (I have already worked on them), I may use it to improve the GSLPR.printing Bundle's panels.

One question, if there ever is a Win32.printing Bundle, do you think it would be more proper for it to use Gorm panels or the Win32 API to utilize Window's own version of a printer dialog box? Just curious.

Chad