Re: CFByteOrderBigEndian

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: CFByteOrderBigEndian
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 19:27:55 -0700 (PDT)

--- Charles Kerr <punt1959@msn.com> wrote:
> I am still trying to adopt to GNUstep.  Looking over the GNUstep
> documentation for the api, I don't see any documentation for the
> CoreFoundation/CoreFoundation.h, in particular the header file:
> CFByteOrder.h. However, since I understand that I can run GNUstep on a Mac,
> byte order routines must be present.  Are they under some other name?

CoreFoundation isn't implemented in GNUstep, since it's function on a Mac is
only to provide a way to pass objects between Cocoa and Carbon.  As such, they
aren't portable to GNUstep.  Take a look at the NSByteOrder.h header in the
Foundation framework (either on Cocoa or on GNUstep) this should yield some
portable functions which do exactly what you need and are available on both
systems.

GJC

=====
Gregory John Casamento -- CEO/President Open Logic Corp.
#### Maintainer of Gorm for GNUstep.