More menu madness details

From: Matthew Weinstein
Subject: More menu madness details
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 10:11:54 -0400

Well, development has pretty much stopped until the menu thing gets resolved. I can tell you that it is related to something done recently since using Gorm on the GNUstep LiveCD (.5) positions the menu correctly. Reminder: when gorm opens my main .gorm file which has my application menu, my application menu is positioned partially off the screen.

I thought I'd share these couple of details hoping someone can help me track down the problem.

1. How off the screen seems to depend on window manager/screen set-up; it's worst when I use kde than when I use window maker

2. In both window managers, when I open my main gorm it first starts to draw the menu at the origin (top left corner) and then redraws it over and up (so most of it is off screen).

3. In GormDocument when it finds a menu it does some origin fiddling, commenting this out does not help (that jerk over to the right and up seems to override whatever initial positioning Gorm does)

4. I think this is due to a recent change. Gorm on GNUstep live CD positions things correctly. Of course, enough other things don't work with that stage of GNUstep that my app doesn't work.

Any ideas? Progress waits on your wisdom.

Matthew

--
Matthew Weinstein
Associate Professor of Science Education

404D White Hall
KSU
Kent, OH 44242

330-672-0653