Soon gui/back release 0.9.4

From: Alexander Malmberg
Subject: Soon gui/back release 0.9.4
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 00:59:56 +0200

My plan is to get this done so that it can be released this weekend or early next week. I have a few final things to work on, and after that, I'll make a last pass over all bug reports for gui/back. Thus, bugs need to be submitted now to be fixed in the release (submitting a bug now doesn't guarantee that I'll fix it, but not submitting it guarantees that I won't, and once submitted, we won't lose track of the bug).

If there's interest, I could send a mail here when all major work before the release is done so that people can stress-test cvs at that point (a pre-release, kindof) and submit more bugs. :)

Developers:

Until the release, only safe changes should be committed. If in doubt, ask me. In particular:

Text baseline changes will be in the release.

Cell type changes might make it in the release, if a safe version of it can be done.

The NSButtonCell string value/title changes won't be in the release (not backwards compatible).

The gorm templates won't be removed for this release (not backwards compatible).

The -back configure cleanup won't be in the release (too risky at this point).

(The last three can be committed right after the release, provided that any other issues with them are cleaned up.)

One of the things I need to sort out before the release is the somewhat messy state of NSButtonCell. If anyone has issues or patches for it, contact me and I'll try to work out something that works for everyone; don't just commit it, we've had plenty of patch reversals there already.

- Alexander Malmberg