Re: CVS, GWorkspace.app and app wrappers

From: Michael Baehr
Subject: Re: CVS, GWorkspace.app and app wrappers
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 16:10:43 -0500

On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 20:02:09 +0300, Enrico Sersale <enrico@imago.ro> wrote:

> >> Additional to the underlying file system, the network protocols have to be
> >> considered as well: NFS, FTP, AFP, SMB, ...
> >
> > Speaking of this, is there any plan to integrate GWNet into the main
> > GWorkspace app?  (Or is this already done and I don't know how to activate
> > it?  I'm thinking of something like Cmd-K in OS X Finder..)
>
> GWNet /is/ integrated with GWorkspace. It can be used only with gw, that is,
> to download a file you must dnd it to a gw windof, folder, etc. If you
> ctrl-drag, you create a .bmk file, that is, a king of bookmark that can be
> opened by GWNet.
> The only problem with this app is that... nobody uses it; I've announced the
> 0.1 version the last year and, since then, I've had no bug report. So, if you
> want to try it, you must expect some problems...

I tried GWNet a few months back and it didn't work.  Namely, I would
be able to go as far as connecting to a server, dragging a file into
GWorkspace, clicking "OK" when it asked me whether I wanted to
download, and then...

Nothing.

I just checked it out of CVS again and gave it another shot:

Screenshot: http://dely.conio.net/img/connected.png

Same problem.  It doesn't appear to ever actually initiate a transfer.
 It just does nothing.  Also, there is some weirdness along the left
side of the window but that's probably just a fluke.

--
Michael Baehr - Arch Linux GNUstep Geek