Re: Re;: NSXMLParser on GS (was Re: Books / GNUStep / XML)

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: Re;: NSXMLParser on GS (was Re: Books / GNUStep / XML)
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 23:42:01 +0200

On 18.10.2004, at 20:08, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
I have e.g. not yet found out if it really loads a remote !DOCTYPE to handle additional entity definitions - and what happens if there is no network connection available. And my experiments have shown that it does not handle lineNumber and columnNumber properly. Finally, I think the NSError returns of NSXMLParser are not very helpful...

Last time I checked Apple's implementation (around 6 months ago) namespace support was broken, rendering it useless for any serious task involving namespaces (like wox templates in SOPE). Also, lineNumber and columnNumber were incorrect in most cases.

Anyhow the general API of NSXMLParser isn't bad at all and a working GS implementation in base would be desirable IMO.

Cheers,

  Marcus

--
Marcus Mueller  .  .  .  crack-admin/coder ;-)
Mulle kybernetiK  .  http://www.mulle-kybernetik.com