Re: Could someone please update the Windows build README??

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Could someone please update the Windows build README??
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 21:00:55 +0200

Gregory John Casamento wrote:
It seems as though many people have gotten it to work, but I personally, have
never been able to simply by following the steps in the README.Windows file in
the make directory.

If anyone has any step-by-step instructions on *how* to get GNUstep to compile
cleanly and without much incident under Windows, I am asking nicely that it be
put into the README so that the rest of the world may benefit.

Where is it that you get stuck? Are you trying with Cygwin or MinGW? In recent years I only did use Cygwin and this was so easy (when it still worked) that I cannot imagine what stoped you. Currently complilation for Cygwin is again not possible, as the time zone code does not compile. When this is fixed again, I can send you a list of Cygwin modules you will need and what to add on top of this.

Cheers
Fred