Re: Configuring Window Maker

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Re: Configuring Window Maker
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 15:05:53 +0100

Hi all,

No, it should not because "exec" causes the shell to substitute itself
with its child process.

The correct sequence of commands would be:
source ..../GNUstep.sh
openapp GWorkspace &^
exec ..../windowmanager

Thanks for the hint. My .xinitrc now looks as foolows:

source /opt/GNUstep/System/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh
openapp GWorkspace &^
exec wmaker

After logging in I get a panel "Application may already be running with this name". Why is GWorkspace.app" be started twice? Any idea?

I removed the second line. Now it works. WindowMaker is started and GWorkspace.app is started although now I don't know by whom. I added the following entries to ~/GNUstep/Defaults/WMRootMenu.

("GWorkspace", EXEC, "/opt/GNUstep/System/Applications/GWorkspace.app/GWorkspace"),
         ("WPrefs", EXEC, "/opt/GNUstep/Local/Apps/WPrefs.app/WPrefs"),

Does this cause GWorkspace to be automatically stared at login? I am confused.

Regards,

  Andreas