Re: assertion failed in 3.4.3 libobjc

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Re: assertion failed in 3.4.3 libobjc
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 11:57:23 -0500

On Jan 10, 2005, at 5:51 AM, Benhur Stein wrote:

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 10:10:27 +0800, Rogelio Serrano
<rogelio.serrano@gmail.com> wrote:

I just found out after an strace that my .GNUsttepDefaults file was
all NULL!. 11 megs of zeroes! I deleted it and now the assertion is
gone. And all my settings too.

I was having this problem occasionally when my home directory
was on a XFS partition. It never happened again after changing
it to reiserfs.

Same here, though I still use XFS. It happens when I have a solid kernel lockup and have to do a reboot, to some of the files that were open at the time of the crash. I thought in my case it was mainly because I have update/flush set to be infrequent to save power (machine is a laptop). Supposedly reiserfs doesn't interact well with this requirement, which is why I haven't used it, but maybe someone has a different experience to report?

Anyhow, my lazy solution has been to periodically make backups of .GNUstepDefaults and a couple other key files.