RTF Text (contains Korean) Problem

From: Sungjin Chun
Subject: RTF Text (contains Korean) Problem
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:41:13 +0900

Hi,
When I write RTF using TextEdit.app, the characters are like following;

\u-10916 \u-20992 \u-16212 \u-18543

But, I write RTF using OpenOffice.org or Microsoft Word, it has one more character (the question mark):

\u-10916 ?\u-20992 ?\u-16212 ?\u-18543 ?

Because of this difference, the document created with TextEdit.app cannot be read correctly with Word or OpenOffice.org if it contains Korean (I suspect Japanese or Chinese too)

Which application is responsible for this problem, OpenOffice.org or Word, or TextEdit.app?

Thanks in advance.