Re: ANN: TimeMon 4.0 ported to GNUstep

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: ANN: TimeMon 4.0 ported to GNUstep
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 06:00:25 -0800 (PST)

Pete,

--- Pete French <pete@twisted.org.uk> wrote:

> > TimeMon has been ported to GNUstep.
>
> Ooh! Excellent....
>
> Hmm, when I builkd it I get 'warning: #import is obsolete' errors
> which I shouldnt get under GNUstep whould I ?
>
> When I run it I get 'Cannot nlist /mach' which surprises me - surely
> it shouldnt be looking for /mach on a Unix system ?

The problem is most likely that it can't read the /proc/stat file.  Are you
running Linux or a BSD variant.  Unforunately some of the functions used to get
the information about CPU usage are not standard POSIX calls (indeed there are
no standard POSIX calls for this) so it will need a different way of getting
this info on many different OSes.

> I'm not sure I've built it right - I tried exlicitly specifying the
> GNUmakefile, but got the same results. Any hints ?

If you let me know what OS you are using, I will try to implement an
appropriate way to get the CPU stats.

> -bat. [who loved TimeMon and thinks it would be great to have back...]

GJC

=====
Gregory John Casamento
-- CEO/President Open Logic Corp. (A MD Corp.)
## Maintainer of Gorm (IB Equiv.) for GNUstep.