Re: what needs to be done for NSWorkspace

From: Enrico Sersale
Subject: Re: what needs to be done for NSWorkspace
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 19:15:13 +0200

On 2005-01-29 18:11:25 +0200 Rogelio M.Serrano Jr. <rogelio@smsglobal.net>
wrote:

Hi

What needs to be done for NSWorkspace so we can improve the GWDock or
write a new Dock?

Since I agree with Armando when he says "Dock.app should only show true GNUstep
programs in it", the NSWorkspace feature that I think should be added is returning
an array with the running applications names in -launchedApplications. Now the Dock shows
as running only the apps launched after it.

And, to clarify definitively:
any feature that implies access to the applications miniwindows is feasible
only if the app owning the Dock *is* the window manager or if we write a window
manager that sends distributed notifications in this kind of situations.