RIGS bottoming out in rbbr

From: Matthew D Swank
Subject: RIGS bottoming out in rbbr
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 03:13:11 -0600

I realize (or least it seems to me) that RIGS is no longer maintained. However, with a few changes the cvs version compiles. I tried using rbbr to look at the class hierarchy generated by the binding, but rbbr would seg-fault whenever it tried access the superclass of NSObject or NSProxy. I decided to overload the superclass class method for each class to return 'nil' (and later on: 'Object'). nil stopped the seg-faults, but produced other errors when rbbr tried to access nil's metaclass. Having these two superclass methods return Object seems to work just fine. My question is: Is this a reasonable solution? Will I run into any trouble if ruby thinks the two GNUstep root objects derive from Object?

Thanks

Matt

btw thanks for the help on StepTalk. The current STScriptObject interface was on the Wiki, I think, but I haven't been able to access the site for a while.