Re: Live CD and others general GNUstep remarks

From: Uli Kusterer
Subject: Re: Live CD and others general GNUstep remarks
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 01:31:52 +0100

In article <mailman.1377.1107894169.2841.discuss-gnustep@gnu.org>,
 Alex Perez <aperez@student.santarosa.edu> wrote:

> > There was also the problem that some apps had their windows "outside"
> > the screen. Actually, at the moment
> > the windows' positions are encoded in the gorm files... and imho that's
> > a bit wrong ! with wmaker it's not that much  of a problem, but..
>
> Yes, it's very evil bad and wrong, and I actually just recently asked
> Greg to address this problem. This worked fine for NeXT originally
> because their workstations only had a single resolution. It doesn't work
> fine for us, because we don't have this luxury, and as a result we need
> to find a solution to the problem instead of pretend it doesn't exist.

 Cocoa automatically constrains window that would lie offscreen to fall
inside the screen (except if you override -
(NSRect)constrainFrameRect:(NSRect)frameRect toScreen:(NSScreen *)screen
to return the rect it got).

 Wouldn't that be the easiest way to fix this?

Just a question,
-- Uli
http://www.zathras.de