Re: StepTalk Segfaults (2)

From: Stefan Urbanek
Subject: Re: StepTalk Segfaults (2)
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 23:11:49 +0100

On Sun, 2005-02-20 at 14:52 -0600, Matthew D Swank wrote:
> Stefan Urbanek wrote:
>
> > if someone would like to investigate it,
> > I can give him few pointers.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Stefan Urbanek
>

> What do I need to look at in terms of how StepTalk scopes compiles and
> interprets blocks?

One more note: the source is compiled to singe bytecode stream at the
moment. Perhaps if the whole process was changed so each chunk of code
was compiled as separate piece of code it can help better block
handling. I mean, that if you have a script as described in your mail,
currently you get one NSByteCodes. It would be better if you got three:
one for the whole script (single method), and two for your blocks. The
"jump" bytecode should be ommited and the "copy block" should be
replaced by "use this or that block" instruction.

Stefan
--
http://stefan.agentfarms.net

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then
you win.
- Mahatma Gandhi