Re: Crazy Makefile

From: Andrew Ruder
Subject: Re: Crazy Makefile
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 01:58:11 -0600

James Sodini wrote:
Hey all, I'm trying to do a really big project using the GNUstep base
libraries. Basically my school is competing in the DARPA grand
challenge, and my senior project is to write the majority of the
software for it. I'm using Objective-C with the GNUstep base so I can
easily move between Mac OS X and Linux seemlessly (that and the
retain/release methods are just too helpful). My only complaint is
this crazy makefile system that is forced on me. What I'm trying to do

You'll do better to not ask for help on the GNUstep lists for the GNUstep makefile system by calling it a "crazy makefile system that is forced on me." ;)

But in any case, some people like the makefiles (I do) and some people don't. To get an extra library, just add a line like:

ADDITIONAL_LDFLAGS = -ldmalloc

It works for me. :) I'm sure some of the other makefile wizards on the list have a way to do it per-project, but that is all I know.

- Andy

--
Andrew Ruder
http://www.aeruder.net