a question about Camaelon

From: Enrico Sersale
Subject: a question about Camaelon
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 19:29:12 +0200

I had some hard coded colors in GWorkspace so now I'm substituting them with
system colors to make the app working with Camaelon. But I'm encountering some
problems; Camaelon, in his turn, uses hard coded colors in various places.
For example, in NSBrowserCell.m and NSTableView.m we have: [NSColor
colorWithCalibratedRed: 0.7 green: 0.7 blue: 0.8 alpha: 1.0] and [NSColor
whiteColor].
I think that Camaelon should override some NSColor class methods to give me
access to them; consider these examples: when you select an icon, the frame
behind it is a NSBezierPath filled with +selectedControlColor (white); in
Camaelon the background of the windows is even white and the frame is not
visible; so, I should choose an other system color with Red: 0.7 green: 0.7
blue: 0.8 alpha: 1.0 to make the selected icon consistent with the other
selected object, but I can't! An other example: the GW browser, besides the
file name, can show other things (kind, size, modification date, etc.); the
browser put these info in a second NSCell that is drawn in the
-drawInteriorWithFrame:inView: method of the browser cell; also in this case,
I've not access to the color used by Camaelon to draw the super of my object,
that is, NSBrowserCell.