Re: Problem with Displayed Fonts in Latest GNUstep

From: Richard Stonehouse
Subject: Re: Problem with Displayed Fonts in Latest GNUstep
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 17:41:48 +0100

On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 10:08:54PM +0200, Fred Kiefer wrote:
> Richard Stonehouse wrote:
> >I'm having trouble with the text displayed by applications, [...]

> Whcih backend are you using? The art backend is the only one using the
> nfonts, for xlib we did change the default some time ago to anti-aliased
> fonts. Perhaps you just need to switch that of, if you are using this
> backend.

Thanks, Fred. I didn't specify the backend, so I think it was xlib by
default.

I've now tried art and it seems to display in quite a nice
anti-aliased font; is there any reason for not using that?

On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 04:15:06PM -0600, Adam Fedor wrote:

> On May 3, 2005, at 4:54 PM, Richard Stonehouse wrote:
>
> >If the application is run from a terminal, it outputs error messages
> >of the form:
> >
> >  GWorkspace[8813] The font specified for NSFont, Helvetica, can't
> >  be found.
> >

> Try this:
>
> defaults write NSGlobalDomain GSFontAntiAlias NO

Thanks, Adam. Have done that and it works. However I'll probably go
with the art backend - unless there's a good reason not to?

--
    Richard Stonehouse