Re: How to install Etoile?

From: Quentin Mathé
Subject: Re: How to install Etoile?
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 01:53:34 +0200

Le 7 mai 05, à 09:11, Michael Thaler a écrit :

I installed gnustep from Debian SID. The installation was really easy and gnustep works fine with windowmaker. Now I want to try to install Etoile. I have the following gnustep packages installed:

Ate these packages recent enough to install Etoile or do I need gnustep from CVS?

I already checked out Etoile from CVS but I don't know how to compile it. There is no configure script and no Makefile.cvs file. make -f GNUmakefile gave the following error:

In file included from UKKQueue.m:19:

../Headers/UKKQueue.h:21:23: Warnung: sys/event.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

It would be nice if someone can give me a hint how I can install Etoile.

Hi,

I think your packages are recent enough, but you must know that few things can be really tested currently (nothing has been released) :
- Camaelon (themes support)
- Installer
- UnitKit (unit testing framework, UnitKit 1.1 port for GNUstep with some extensions)
- UnitTests (utility to manage and monitor UnitKit test suites)

The error you encountered is related to the fact, UKKQueue is relying on kqueue support which is not available on Linux (only on some BSDs). This error is fixed in Étoilé cvs now.

The build process isn't documented currently, but you just have to do (in root directory or eventually in sub directories) :
make
make install (or sudo make install).

Just a last remark… it would be better to send such questions on Étoilé discuss list :