Re: making a library, simpel question

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: making a library, simpel question
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 13:10:24 -0600

On May 10, 2005, at 7:58 PM, Lloyd Dupont wrote:

what kind of puzzles me is why have I to set the -lobjc -lgnustep-base  flag, while 1. I am compiling an objectiveC/GNUstep library with the GNUstep makefile system
2. I don't need to specify them when I compile a tool

Because a tool is considered to be an Objective-C program based upon the Foundation (base) libraries, whereas the make system makes no assumptions about what a library is.

as far as lobjc, there is a quirk in the makefile system where lobjc is linked in when the application or tool is linked, not when gnustep-base is linked. As well, on Windows you have to specify all dependent libraries anyway - although I think this will be fixed in the next version of gnustep-make.