light GNUstep install on windows (for deployment)

From: Lloyd Dupont
Subject: light GNUstep install on windows (for deployment)
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 14:08:21 +1000

Just to share with you my findings on what a light install of GNUstep on windows would be:

1. copy these dlls (from $GNUSTEP/System/Tools) in your exe directory (or in the application's path):
gnustep-base.dll
gnustep-gui.dll
iconv.dll
jpeg62.dll
libpng13.dll
libtiff3.dll
msvcr70.dll
objc.dll
zlib1.dll

Copy the directory $GNUSTEP/System/Library somewhere (in your application directory?)
and in the main() of your application (before any GNUstep call) setup the GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT env variable to the directory where /Library was copied
(with something like putenv("GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT=.\"))
standart dos path are OK (like "GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT=C:\Program Files\My Super GNUstep Program")

I still have one problem with that if someone could help.
the msvcr70.dll dependency.
isn't there anyway to get around it?
I mean, discard it and call the system version of MSVCRxxx.dll ?