Heads-up about GNUpeech

From: Robert Hamilton
Subject: Heads-up about GNUpeech
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 17:55:36 -0700 (PDT)

Although it's been briefly mentioned here in the past, I'd like to draw
your attention to an exciting new suite of applications, already
developed, that are being ported to GNUstep, called GNUspeech.

In part, GNUspeech is a text to voice application, but it is far more than
that. I can't do it justice here, so I'd urge all of you to take a peek at
the GNUspeech home page at:
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnuspeech/

Under the umbrella of the name GNUspeech, the gnuspeech app, as well as
"tube" have been compiled under GNUstep, and other apps, such as Monet,
are almost done. This port to GNUstep is coutsey of Gregory John
Casamento, current maintaner of Gorm.

The current source code is avaiable via CVS at
http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/gnuspeech

I'm not a part of the GNUspeech team; aside from the fact that I think
GNUspeech is the neatest thing since buttered bread, my motive for
promoting it in this mailing list is that I'd like some others here to try
their hand at compiling gnuspeech and tube. I've not real experienced at
building from source, and so far I've run into nothing but compiler errors
and warnings, although GJC HAS done a successful build.

I think that in the long term GNUspeech will help GNUstep to shine and
sparkle!

In the meantime, they sure could use a few good coders over there. . .