Library dependency question

From: Chris Vetter
Subject: Library dependency question
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 17:17:01 +0200 (MEST)

Hi,

maybe I'm missing something, but I'm pretty sure this was working before.

If I use

  OneLib_LIBRARIES_DEPEND_UPON += -lAnotherLib

I used to not have to specify anything further to have OneLib linked against
AnotherLib. Anything then linked against OneLib would automatically
reference every class or function in AnotherLib.

When I do that now, I get a complain that AnotherLib is needed and that I
would have to use -rpath or -rpath-link to reference it. Adding

   ADDITIONAL_LDFLAGS += -rpath $(GNUSTEP_LOCAL_ROOT/Libary/Libraries

to OneLib's GNUmakefile fixes the problem.

But isn't that kind of counter-productive? Wouldn't it make sense to have
gnustep-make automatically -rpath the /System and /Local library paths?

--
Chris