strange (windows) program behavior

From: Lloyd Dupont
Subject: strange (windows) program behavior
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 16:45:52 +1000

I have my program up and running, even running on a test laptop.
This WE some people tested my installer and the installed application crashed. Out of curiosity I formatted the laptop and install my program on freshly installed XP laptop.
And then it crashes too.

Note: I didn't "installed" GNUstep, but merely copy <GNUstep>/system/tool in my working directory and setup the 3 variable GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT, (and NETWORK_ROOT or something like that and the 3rd default pasth one) pointing to my working directory.

Then I investigate the crash. Something as simple as that:

main()
{
   NSAutoreleasePool * pool = [[NSAutoreleasePool alloc] init];

   [NSColor whiteColor]; // crash here.. stack overflow
   [pool release];
}

make it crash, the [NSColor whiteColor] make it stack overflow and crash.
That's really weird (I even looked at the code of [NSColor whiteColor], looks innocuous enough to me). What's even weirder is that it worked just fine on my PC and it crash on this new(ly formnatted) one. I also check the path and both app should use the same GNUstep & ObjectiveC DLLs.....

Any ideas :S ?!?!

Mmhh.. I will check the dlls with dependecy walker......

NovaMind development team
NovaMind Software
Mind Mapping Software
<www.nova-mind.com>