Re: Trying to use GNUSTEP_CONFIG_FILE

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Trying to use GNUSTEP_CONFIG_FILE
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 07:06:36 +0000

On 5 Dec 2005, at 05:16, Lloyd Dupont wrote:

OK, now my GNUstep.conf file is picked-up and read correctly.
its content is the following:
GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT=./GNUstep
GNUSTEP_LOCAL_ROOT=./GNUstep
GNUSTEP_NETWORK_ROOT=./GNUstep

GNUSTEP_USER_CONFIG_FILE=
GNUSTEP_USER_DIR=
GNUSTEP_USER_DEFAULTS_DIR=Application Data/GNUstep/Defaults

This line is wrong ... whitespace is not permitted in an unquoted string in a config file value ... so you need to quote the value ...

GNUSTEP_USER_DEFAULTS_DIR='Application Data/GNUstep/Defaults'

However, I can't see how you got the error messages you list ... perhaps there is a bug of some sort elsewhere too. What are the error messages if you run with a corrected GNUSTEP_USER_DEFAULTS_DIR ?