Problems with Objective-C and Bison in GMUmakefile

From: Nate Smith
Subject: Problems with Objective-C and Bison in GMUmakefile
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 14:00:39 -0500

Hello everyone,

In my GNUmakefile I specify a parser, parser.y, that is translated by
BISON into parser.c, which is then compiled as a C program. The problem
is, parser.y contains Objective-C code, and hence I get pages and pages
of errors when parser.c is compiled.

I can't find any settings to change in the GNUmakefile to make parser.c
be compiled using an Objective-C compiler. I tried renaming parser.c to
parser.m, and putting parser.m in my OBJC_FILES string, and (of course)
tried putting parser.c in my C_FILES string. I tried changing the %.c:
%.y rule to use an objective-c compiler as well. All to no avail. The
only user-changeable setting in this regard seems to be YACC_FLAGS.

Am I missing something simple here? Thanks for any help.

Nate