Interview with Synfig's Robert Quattlebaum

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Interview with Synfig's Robert Quattlebaum
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 14:54:56 +0000

>From osnews (http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=13241) :

A powerful 2D animation product, Synfig, was open sourced recently
under the GPL after the company behind it failed in the market place.
The application is still actively maintained by its original author,
Robert B. Quattlebaum, which we interview today about.
(...)
6. Why did you choose GTKmm over other toolkits?

Robert Quattlebaum: I had toyed around with GTK+ 2 a bit before really
starting development on Synfig Studio, but I found it to be a bit
cumbersome--much due to the fact that it is an object-oriented system
in a language which doesn't provide any help for implementing
object-oriented constructs. I found GTKmm to be much more natural to
work with than straight GTK+. The guys who put GTKmm together should
really be proud of themselves, without it I would certainly have more
gray hairs than I have today. I highly recommend it.

In hindsight however, I now wish that I had at least given GNUstep a
closer look.

--
Nicolas Roard
  -Arthur C. Clarke