Update: Windows, GMastermind2.

From: Marko Riedel
Subject: Update: Windows, GMastermind2.
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 17:52:05 +0100 (CET)

Hi folks,

after all the recent discussion concerning the Windows port I decided to
give the binary installer another try. I tried to compile GMastermind2,
which is here: http://www.gnustep.it/marko/GMastermind/index.html.

Same as last year I needed to add an implementation of (l|s)rand48 to
Controller.m. I used the following code.

static long _rand = 1;

void srand48(long seed)
{
        _rand = seed;
}

long lrand48(void)
{
        long val = (long)(abs(10000.0*sin(_rand)));
        _rand++;
        return val;
}

I needed to change System/Makefiles in the GNUmakefile to
  System/Library/Makefiles.

Congratulations! I got a playable build of GMastermind2 and a much
improved one at that: all the alert panels were readable (they were 100%
black last time) and the alpha on the menus looked okay. It seems that
alpha is still only a hack, however, because when you drag and drop images
with some pixels at an alpha channel value of zero (see-through) then you
get grey for those pixels. Looks okay when you drag the item across a grey
background. Does Windows not have native alpha channel support?

I am very impressed: an installer that works out-of-the-box. Good work
people.

Best regards,

Marko

| Marko Riedel, EDV Neue Arbeit gGmbH, markoriedelde@yahoo.de |