Re: Update: Windows, GMastermind2

From: carmstrong _AT_ fastmail dot com dot au
Subject: Re: Update: Windows, GMastermind2
Date: 9 Feb 2006 18:45:03 -0800

Sheldon Gill wrote:
> The problem isn't related to TIFF or any other file format. The problem isn't
> really Windows, either. Its because of the way the backend is architected and
> how it handles the image data. How to fix it is proving tricky.

May I ask how it handles image data that is known to cause the problem?
What about its architecture that makes Windows problematic? It could be
a matter of restructuring some gnustep-gui code (that isn't likely to
be easy) or migrating it to a new API for compositing that suits better
cross-platform needs. Is it something in the way colours are stored or
how we handle device handles (HDC's)?

Regards
Chris