Re: GNUstep startup 0.14.1 SuSE 7.3 build error

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: GNUstep startup 0.14.1 SuSE 7.3 build error
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 18:04:26 +0100

Marko Riedel wrote:
> I get the following error when I try to build gnustep-gui. If you are
> unable to help I will simply remove the GSpell service from the Makefile.
>
> Making all for service GSspell...
>  Creating GSspell.service/....
>  Compiling file GSspell.m ...
>  Linking service GSspell ...
>  Creating GSspell.service/Resources...
>  Creating GSspell.service/Resources/Info-gnustep.plist...
>
> GNUSTEP Internal Error:
> The private GNUstep function to establish the argv and environment
> variables was not called.
> Please report the error to bug-gnustep@gnu.org.

This problem is not specific for your version of Linux. It shows up from
time to time, mostly when the versions of base and gui don't match. I
would recommend that you restart compiling GNUstep from scratch, with
make, base, gui and then back. This has always worked for me, so I never
searched to hard, what was actually causing the problem. But you will
surely find references to this in the mailing list and perhaps even in
the FAQ.

Cheers
Fred