Install Using Synaptics On Ubuntu

From: Daniel J Farrell
Subject: Install Using Synaptics On Ubuntu
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 18:17:19 +0000

Hi folks,

Does anybody here use GNUstep on Ubuntu? Could you give me some advice on the installation process?

GNUstep appears in the Synaptic Package Manager (gnustep-base 1.10.3-2, gnustep-gui 0.9.5-2, gnustep-make 1.10.0-6 .... ) although the version are slightly old. Once Synaptic's has installed GNUstep how do I then access GNUstep development environment so I can develop my own apps?

For example typing gnumail in the terminal doesn't load the .app? How do I access the gnustep environment?

Lots of hows!

Regards, Daniel.