Re: gdnc not starting, window manager, startup-0.14.1

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: gdnc not starting, window manager, startup-0.14.1
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 01:39:34 +0100

Marko Riedel wrote:
> Another problem I'm having is the way window decorations are handled.
>  Obviously something changed in the way GNUstep talks to the window
> manager. Specifically, when I run e.g. GMastermind2.app, drag and
> drop does not work because the window manager decorates the window
> containing the image being dragged. Only the alpha channel of the
> image is displayed. This is KDE 2.2.1. Again, this is not a problem,
> as I can switch to WindowMaker. Drag and drop used to work.

For this very old version of KDE you need to set the variable
USE_KDE_OVERRIDE during compilation of the backend. (See
XGServerWindow.m) I don't remember how I wanted that define to be set,
but most likely I just left the old KDE code in place and you need to
simply add this define at the start of the file.

Cheers
Fred