Re: porting from Cocoa help

From: Anurodh Pokharel
Subject: Re: porting from Cocoa help
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 00:40:08 -0600

Sheldon Gill <sheldon@westnet.net.au> wrote:
>Anurodh Pokharel wrote:
>> Well, it's been exactly since i last posted about porting a cocoa app. I
>> tried again today an was actually able to compile everything in
>> rid of the dock in mail.app so i got rid of it too. That made porting a
>> lot easier.
>
>Good idea.
>
>>  The app i am porting is OSXnews  ( http://osxnews.sf.net )
>
>Great. Have you put your current porting efforts into a branch?
>
>> I have a few questions.
>> 1. does  NSAlert exist in gnustep? I had to comment out every instance
>> to get it to compile2.

As i replied in another posting, there were several factors that were
messing me up. The first being i was using objective -C++ in gcc 3x
instead of 4.x. The  other being that my installation of debian was messed up
by my mixing of ubuntu packagakes to get the newest stuff (like the
newest project center)
I actually made some rather radical changes to OSXnews this week (adding
yEnc binary decoding and localization  in particular) that I am going
to start porting to Gnustep on a clean slate. I hope to have something to
show in the next few days.
-Anu

--
Anurodh  Pokharel