Re: Re: additional problem with NSRunLoop on Windows]

From: Lloyd Dupont
Subject: Re: Re: additional problem with NSRunLoop on Windows]
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 09:40:14 +1000

you never responded to this on the list

Yes I did!
But my answer get lost :-(
I will write a new one below.....

> Recently I had problem with the NSNotificationQueue which needed to
> be triggered manually and I was advised to use something along this
> line:
>
> [[NSRunLoop currentRunLoop]
>    runMode: @"NSDefaultRunLoopMode"
>    beforeDate: (NSDate*) [NSDate distantPast]]
>
> So did I and it fixed the problem I was looking at.
>
> But now my application behave very strangely.
> For example if my (GNUstep aware) windows is in the background and
> I click on it it receive (in this order)
> mouse up (first ?!)
> mouse down (second ?!)
>
> whereas it should receive (and it does without the NSRunLoop trick):
> mouse down
> mouse up
>
> ouch.....
> I noticed that in some other case GNUstep do some weird thing with
> my event loop sometimes....

Well, that needs tracking down/fixing then ...
Can you give me testcase code to demonstrate the problem so I can try
debugging it?

Not easy as my code is a mixed of ObjectiveC & .NET and I have no idea how to easily write a full blown GNUstep application.
However I asked the question:
would you be interested in an ObjectiveC.NET sample?
even though I cna't give away the code of the binding itself, the remaining code should be simple enough....