RE: Porting Help

From: Lief Sinolumat
Subject: RE: Porting Help
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 17:04:09 -0500

Chris, thanks for the help.

It is indeed WhiteColor causing the the crash.  WhiteColor is a static variable
set when the view is initialized:

WhiteColor = [NSColor whiteColor];

Right after it is set (and at several other points) everything is OK and I am
able to both print and print-object WhiteColor in gdb with the expected results.

At line 535, however,  [WhiteColor set] causes a core dump.  I traced this back
to the drawCursor method.  In this method, print-object WhiteColor also seg
faults.  Setting WhiteColor in this method  solves the problem.

I am, however, still mystified about what is happenning with WhiteColor.  Is
this a scope problem? Or is the object being released somewhere?

I've attached the method file. The seg fault occurs just after line 638, where
I've commented out my hacky fix.  Any input would be appreciated.

Thx,

--PT