Re: really attracting developers

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: really attracting developers
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 17:15:12 +0200

On 8/30/06, Axel 'Mikesch' Katerbau <axel@objectpark.org> wrote:
[...]
In that context it would make sense to remove Cocoa dependencies. Then
WebKit was just a Obj-C wrapper around the C++ only WebCore/KHTML stuff.

No, it does not (at least to me) because THAT is where WebKit used to come FROM.
WebKit USED to be 'just an ObjC wrapper around KHTML's C++ code.

I do not get it, why they would want to go back there, because
 a) that's where it came from
 b) KHTML is still available separately
 c) WebKit's first and foremost platform is OSX

But maybe I'm just missing the point. Wouldn't be the first time :-)

--
Chris