Re: GNUstep compilation on Ubuntu 6.06 woes

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: Re: GNUstep compilation on Ubuntu 6.06 woes
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 17:00:33 -0700

On 8/30/06, Michael Hanni <mhanni@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi:

The recent splurge of conversation on this list about the viability of GNUstep
on the desktop has piqued my interest and I'm trying to compile everything
fresh from SVN. While -base appears to compile, I can't get anything to link.
It bombs out with this error:

michael@zippy:~/Sandbox/gnustep/core/core/base/Tools$ make
[snip]

 I wonder why you compile it under base/Tools/ ?
 Usually, I just do 'make' under base/ directory and everything builds.

 Yen-Ju

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Michael