Re: running gnustep on Freebsd: how do i get it to run ...

From: Andrew Sveikauskas
Subject: Re: running gnustep on Freebsd: how do i get it to run ...
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 00:42:42 -0400

        http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/Platform:BSD

After seeing this page in particular I feel like I should point something out.

I have created a port of GNUstep and many related programs to OpenBSD. You can find it at http://mail.rochester.edu/~asveikau/gnustep-openbsd/ . IMO my tarball is the easiest way to run GNUstep on OpenBSD, something I do every day and AFAIK this puts me in an extreme minority as I initially had to patch a lot of things to get them to build.

I tried to create an account and edit the wiki with this information but it's protected. :(

In March I posted about this to OBSD's ports mailing list but it was essentially ignored. My port was admittedly incomplete at the time. I was planning on posting it again provided I tie some loose ends.

Andrew