Re: [linux-dvb] firmware

From: phil taylor
Subject: Re: [linux-dvb] firmware
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 13:32:32 +1000

On Sun, 2006-09-03 at 16:40 -0700, Peter Knaggs wrote:
> On 9/3/06, phil taylor <ptay1685@bigpond.net.au> wrote:
> > My questions are about firmware for USB DVB tuners, in particular the
> > DigiTV one.
> >
> > Question One.
> >
> > Where is the firmeware supposed to go?
>
> Have you tried putting it in:
>   /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/

Yes - its there too, but i forgot to mention it. No effect.

> My guides for DVB (ATSC) in the USA are here:
>   http://www.penlug.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/LinuxHints

Thanks for the guides info. I never find these things as I tend to find
the Unix directory structure obtuse and incomprehensible
(e.g. /usr/lib/bin/src/lib/bin/usr/local/lib/bin - etc). I think the
people behind Unix took terseness into a whole new dimension. Much as I
hate Microsoft, I find directory names like "program files" and even
"system" a breath of fresh air.

Thanks! Ill get stuck into that doco.