Re: [Fwd: Re: really attracting developers]

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: really attracting developers]
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 21:08:31 -0700 (PDT)

Phil,

phil taylor <ptay1685@bigpond.net.au>:
> If they cant bother to spend a couple of hours to knock up some sample
> programs, or build a few packages for the major distros (that arent four
> years out of date) what kind of message does that send to new users
> about the platform and the developers of it?
>
> I know the message it send to me - go somewhere else.

In the Gorm release, since about 0.5.0 (most current release is 1.1) there are
examples in the Documentation directory.  They are covered in the Gorm manual
which is also in that directory.

[heron@celia Examples]$ ls
Controller  SimpleApp
[heron@celia Examples]$ pwd
/home/heron/Releases/gorm-1.1.0/Documentation/Examples
[heron@celia Examples]$

There are your simple examples.   They've been there for a quite a while.

Later, GJC

--Gregory John Casamento