Re: scrollbars [was: Re: really attracting developers]

From: phil taylor
Subject: Re: scrollbars [was: Re: really attracting developers]
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 13:42:41 +1000

On Mon, 2006-09-04 at 18:55 -0400, Charles Philip Chan wrote:
> On 2006-09-04 18:38:00 -0400 phil taylor <ptay1685@bigpond.net.au>
> wrote:
>

> Please read the reasoning in this page before commenting further:
>
>       http://www120.pair.com/mccarthy/nextstep/intro.htmld/

"Please read the reasoning in this page before commenting further:" -
what a doozy of a comment. Everyone these days is a member of the
gestapo.

Why is it that people who frequent discussion forums/mailing lists are
so anxious to stop people having dicussions? I thought that was the
whole point!

Perhaps you should go away and read every journal, newspaper article,
book, web page, pdf ever written in the history of mankind before
commenting further also.

If i wanted to locate the information I seek in a document, i would not
be posting on a mailing list - or is that a concept to sophisticated for
you to grasp?

Or is there some kind of rule on this list (that i missed) that states
"you must not ask a question unless as a last resort when all other
avenues have been explored".

Gee - Im glad i live in a democracy and not under some oppresive regime
where you have no freedom of speech - lol.