Bug in Windows timezone handling

From: Roland Schwingel
Subject: Bug in Windows timezone handling
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 11:23:47 +0200

Hi....

Recently we stumbled across a bug with certain timezones..

On Windows it may happen that you get timezone names with a
period (.) in it. Happens eg. for brasilia on german windows systems.

And then NSTimeZone failes...

NSTimeZone.m: Line 469-475
         /* Make sure that only time zone files are accessed.
        FIXME: Make this more robust. */
         if ((str)[0] == '/' || strchr(str, '.') != NULL)
       {
         NSLog(@"Disallowed time zone name `%@'.", name);
         return nil;
       }

I think removing these lines of code might be a good solution for the
problem as of the fact there is IMHO proper error handling afterwards.

Roland