Re: Fwd: Advertisement for gnustep

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: Re: Fwd: Advertisement for gnustep
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 13:32:10 +0300

В Wed, 13 Sep 2006 02:50:46 +0200, Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf написа:

>> I don't want to live in a "changed society"

And I don't want to live in the present society, which has grave bugs
that have to be fixed.  GNU only eliminates some of these problems, of
course, not all of them.

>> Actually, your proposal makes me yawn.

That's probably because our values are completely different.  The
GCJ/GNU Classpath projects were in a much more tragic state than
GNUstep not so long ago, but tireless and stubborn developers were
attracted mainly by a similar announcement and great articles as

Just s/Java/Cocoa and s/Sun/Apple and it really looks very applicable
to GNUstep as well (although GNUstep provides, or at least aims to
provide, much more than a mere implementation of the OpenStep spec).

So, in general, I think that GNUstep needs exactly such kind of
people, as they don't give up easily.  Certainly, contributions from
developers that concentrate on powerful and reliable software (instead
of freedom) are also fine, but such people usually don't browse
gnu.org regularly (if they did, they'd think like us, the supporters
of the Free Software Movement).