Re: GWorkspace for Newcomers

From: Nikolaus Waxweiler
Subject: Re: GWorkspace for Newcomers
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 22:04:12 +0200

Well, well. I am not sure what the goal and priorities are. But when the
doc says, it is stable, then someone must have succeeded in installing it.

Doesn't Yast have all the GNUstep packages you need/want?

Maybe you can furnish me a location where I can get installation
guidelines or download a singel rpm which would solve most of the troubles.

One thing you must do before you're able to use GNUstep apps is sourcing in the file /usr/local/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh. This procedure is described on http://www.gnustep.org/resources/documentation/User/GNUstep/gnustep-howto_4.html#SEC7.

Hum. Somebody needs to add this notice to the download page so that newbies don't fall into the path trap.