Precompiled headers don't seem to work with GNU ObjC (was New precompile

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Precompiled headers don't seem to work with GNU ObjC (was New precompiled headers support in gnustep-make)
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 05:28:48 +0100 (CET)

> I implemented (experimental) precompiled headers support in gnustep-make.

Unfortunately, with my compiler (4.1.1 20070105 (Red Hat 4.1.1-51)) I can't get
precompiled ObjC headers to work. :-(

It works fine for C headers, but it doesn't seem to work for ObjC headers.

In attach a couple of files, test.h and test.m.

If I compile them the standard way --

 gcc test.m -lobjc

it all works.

If I first precompile test.h

 gcc -x objective-x-header test.h

I get the test.h.gch file, which looks ok, but then compiling fails --

 gcc test.m -lobjc

test.m:4: warning: cannot find interface declaration for �TestClass�
test.m:4: error: redefinition of �struct TestClass�
(compilation aborts)

Using the -H option to gcc you can indeed confirm that compilation fails iff the
precompiled ObjC header is used.

It seems that ObjC class declarations in ObjC headers are not read correctly/at
all from precompiled headers (C stuff works fine instead!).  Very
disappointing. :-(

Am I missing some GCC option ?  It's late night. ;-)

Thanks