The Documentation!

From: Stefan Bidigaray
Subject: The Documentation!
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 13:00:07 -0500

As some of you may know, I've been slowly writing documentation for the GUI library, and I've become amazed at the utter chaos of the documentation.  Not as in things are wrong, but as they are written.  Two things that seem to sometimes slow me down (not a lot) is the fact that sometimes the documentation is written in the .m files and some times in the .h files.  Another thing, which is more of a pet peeve of mine is the fact that some writting are done with * at the beginning of the line, which greatly helps when trying to skip over stuff that is already documentation and some don't, like this:

/** Blah blah blah
 *   blah blah blah
 */

Anyway, what I'd like to do, is as I go through all the different classes, if it would be OK if I changed thing stuff.  That is, move all documentation to .h files, which in my opinion makes more sense having it there.  And also cleaning up by inserting * at the beginning of all lines that document anything.  Also whatever else I see that could help reading the documentation in the source/header files.  The reason I ask is because it's going to create huge .patch/.diff/(whatever you want to call it) files.

Thanks,
Stefan