Re: Slackware Packages

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Slackware Packages
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 10:22:38 -0700

On Feb 3, 2007, at 7:52 AM, Stefan Bidigaray wrote:

Well, I'm at it again! In light of the new -base and GWorkspace release, I decided to rebuild the Slackware packages. This time, I'd like to build just 1 packages for the libraries instead of 1 per lib like I did in the past. This could simplify my work, and also installation. My question is, if I build the 1 package I'd call it gnustep-core but I'm not really sure what version is the overall libraries on! Each set of libraries have their own versioning system and I never seem to know what version GNUstep is in a whole, and that's what I need to know.

You could use the same version as the Startup package

http://www.gnustep.org/experience/Startup.html

which basically package the core libraries. Or you could use your own version number as long as it was consistent.

Also, I think this goes out to Adam, I would appreciate it if a section for the Slackware packages could be pointed by the "Downloads" page!

Sure. What's the link?